If you are interested in getting setup with Groupon's EDI connection, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Note that EDI dos NOT support Groupon's Marketplace business channel. Groupon's EDI only supports Goods first party business channel (Groupon as seller of records).
Groupon uses InterTrade Systems EDI Value-Added-Network (VAN) exclusively. If you are using a different third-party VAN, please inform your provider of these requirements. Groupon does not accept direct connections, and traffic goes through our InterTrade mailbox.
*Please note that we do not support AS2 integrations.
Groupon can interconnect with the following Tier 1 VANs only:
Loren Data Corp
SPS Commerce (Formerly York)
In order to get setup, we require that the following information be provided:
- Your VAN provider
Your EDI IDs for test and production
SKU, UPC, and Cost of three valid items for testing purposes (only for the 850, 855, 856)
Confirm you have made the connection to Groupon's VAN with your VAN
Once we have the above information, we will generate four test PO's to test the 850, 855, and 856 each representing a different scenario. For the 846 you will simply send us a test 846 transmission. Note that we are also testing connectivity within our own Commerce Interface platform.
You will first begin testing with test scenario 1 by sending only the 855 and we'll proceed with the remaining tests from there.
Scenario 1 (Accepting entire PO1)
1. Groupon sends an 850 containing a valid customer shipping address and two valid items
2. Vendor sends an 855 accepting both items (BAK_02 = AT)(ACK01 as IA)
3. Vendor sends an 856 shipping both items (TD505 = Groupon carrier code, MAN02 = Tracking number)
Scenario 2 (Rejecting entire PO2)
1. Groupon sends an 850 containing an invalid customer address outside of the expected shipping area (ie. Alaska, Hawaii, PO Box, APO) and two valid items
2. Vendor sends an 855 to reject the PO (BAK_02 = RD) (ACK01 as IR with CTB_01 as NS)
Scenario 3 (Partial cancellation PO3)
1. Groupon sends an 850 for one item that can be shipped in full and one item that cannot be shipped due to shortage
2. Vendor sends an 855 to reject the item that cannot be shipped due to shortage (BAK_02 = AT) (ACK01 as R4 with CTB_01 as NS) and accept the item that can be shipped (BAK_02 = AT)(ACK01 as IA).
3. Vendor sends an 856 for the shipped item (TD505 = Groupon carrier code, MAN02 = Tracking number)
Scenario 4 (Invalid Tracking Number PO4)
1. Groupon sends an 850 containing one valid item and a valid customer shipping address
2. Vendor sends an 855 to accept the PO (BAK_02 = AT) (ACK01 as IA)
3. Vendor sends an 856 containing the same tracking number used on PO 1
4. Groupon sends an 824 indicating an invalid tracking number
To test the 846, simply send an 846 with a couple of SKU's.