Groupon recently released a new enhancement in Gateway that allows vendors to mark their item for having Prop 65. This Warning is for items that are known to have chemicals that may cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
A couple rules/regulations:
- This flag only works when deals are created in UI and not in bulk.
- Selecting this flag will mark the whole product group. You cannot select one product in a product group to have this flag.
- Vendors can add this flag on newly created deals, previously created low touch deals, and featured deals. However, any previously created deals that you select this flag for will re-trigger manual approval process and cause the product to revert to pending status and removed from site until the item is fully approved.
Steps to mark your deal with Prop 65 flag:
- Log in to your Gateway account
- Click on the Product Group tab on the left hand side
- Search your product by the permalink or deal title and select the item you want to mark
- The Prop 65 flag is found in the product group page under “Reference Price Link”. Once you select the flag you will also have to input the disclosure language.
- Once you are done, click the save button at the bottom of the page. Please note that it does take a minute or two for the changes to save and show on site.
- Once you have added the flag and verbiage, the warning will show under Fine Print on the website.