Attributes are the characteristics of a product. They can differentiate one product from another (such as size or color) or simply be associated with product (such as material).
Attributes are important for several reasons:
- Inform the customer about the product they are considering for purchase
- Allow the customer to find the product through search or left-hand filters
- Distinguish products in a product group from one another
- Aid in product sorting or collection grouping
Attributes can either be required or optional for products and depend upon the product's category. For a full list of required attributes see What attributes are required when creating a product?
- Attribute Name: The attribute being provided
- Examples: Color, Size, Material
- Attribute Value: The description of attribute for a particular product
- Examples: Red, Large, Cotton